View Single Post
Old 2006-10-23, 15:51   Link #289
StanAce
Opinionated Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerogue
This anime has been exalted by 4-5 prestigious anime bloggers, has a kickass op and ed, and has clamp character designs/sunrise animating it; HOW HAS IT ONLY ATTRACTED ONE FANSUBBING GROUP
Yeah, I concur. It's ridiculous how ALL the groups are oversubbing pre-hyped series such as Death Note, Kanon, and D.Gray-man, but only one group is giving attention to CODE GEASS. Barely any of the other series are getting much attention this season despite their potential. After seeing episode 1 of CODE GEASS, I assume most of us can say that it's not exactly a weak competitor, and heck, it's even got character designs from CLAMP to boot.

Thank god I know enough of the spoken Japanese language to be able to watch the raws.

So what's this about CODE GEASS being anti-american? So it shows that ALL of North America (Yes, CANADA AS WELL) has been taken over by Brits. So what? It's not like it's offensive or anything. Or do Americans find it offensive to see their country occupied by another nation in a work of fiction? Seriously, you don't hear anybody complaining when you read the Chrysalids (sci-fi book where most of the world, INCLUDING AMERICA, is nuked to crisp) or some other 'alternate world' story. For all I care, this is just a minor detail for the plot.
StanAce is offline   Reply With Quote