View Single Post
Old 2012-04-15, 11:38   Link #2219
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Send a message via MSN to BigSmokeDawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Music View Post
thanks for the tips. I have an old 10W amp that was given to me by a friend, but I'm not fond of using it because I hate it when I have to sound really loud and really bad at the same time. (I am thinking of my parents and my neighbors getting annoyed, and my room isn't the least soundproof). So I won't be practicing much with my amp on. But I guess I will start with my electric guitar, because I find it to be cooler. And it will take a while before i hook it up to the amp again.

So, I have a gauge of learning at least something by the end of this yeah huh. I have a shot at it.

You guys make awesome covers. And I really envy your gear. But do you guys think that it's too late to learn/cover their songs? specially season1 songs. Because I just learned about K-on very recently, and it gave me the urge to at least spend my summer wisely by doing productive stuff. But am I too late for the party?
Of course you're not too late! :P I've been learning some really early Metallica songs, and they're from like 1983 lol.

As for amp volume and stuff, you could always get a small, low wattage modelling amp. They have headphone sockets on them so you can listen to them with cans on. It's not as fun as using the speaker, but it means that you're free to play without annoying anyone. Also, if you don't like how the amp you have sounds, how are you going to enjoy playing?

If you want to get learning some K-on songs, then if you spend about £100 (or what ever your currency is) on a little amp like a Vypyr or a Fender Mustang then you'll be all set.

It's a good idea to play with an amp, espescially with some kind of distortion because you'll hear all your mistakes like unmuted strings and stuff. It makes it easier to correct them.

Just remember - never give up! I'm sure we've all had days where we just feel like giving up (I've had them a lot recently...) You just gotta keep at it, and take breaks every so often to stop yourself getting too fed up.