Thread: Joshiraku
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-26, 16:23   Link #215
Sakanaka Shouko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Rank-Wise, Ganjyou and Mari are a rank higher than the rest in Rakugo. But age doesn't have anything to do with rank.

Age-wise, Kukuru is clearly the youngest since it seems she's not old enough to drink alcohol
Also makes sense the way everyone treats her as the 'cute little kid' since she's so much younger than everyone else.

Gankyou and Tetora are the same age since you see in the flashback in episode 3, both attended the same school together all the way from elementary to high school.
I read about Rakugo and age does matter when it comes to ranking because the person has to spend time(some years) doing chores , training and performing before moving up a rank. Actually, age is pretty much a consequence of this time spent on training and development.
What matters the most is, obviously, the person's performance. We can guess that Gankyo ,Mari and Tetora are all the same age but Tetora is not as good as the other two on stage and that's why she still isn't a Futatsume.

Here's a piece of text about this:
"After three to five years, assuming that satisfactory progress has
been made, the zenza is promoted to futatsume, whereupon he may
wear the haori, no longer has to perform chores, and must now earn
his own living by his art, no longer receiving an allowance from the
kyokai."

I admit that I overlooked the flashback on episode three, so I thank you for this piece of info. At last, their age relationship must be like this, then:

Gankyou=Mari=Tetora>Kukuru>Kigu.

I may be wrong since it's just a guess, but judging by the info the anime gives us, it must be close to the right answer.