View Single Post
Old 2006-07-31, 12:05   Link #101
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon_Blues
Hey, first post here. That aside...

I actually got into all this just over a week ago, and I've already watched all 3 seasons and cleared a few novels. I stayed away from anime after Robotech, and thankfully I was turned on to something that I could really relate to and enjoy. That said, I was really impressed with where TSR took things.

I would have to say one of my favorite parts was when Kaname was on the rooftop after her battle and everything finally sank in. She had gone through the past day or two finally seeing things through Sousuke's eyes - Everyone is a threat, people actually are out to harm/kill you, and there is a time when you can't hesitate to pull the trigger. It's one thing to be targeted and rely on someone's expertise to protect you, but in this scene she finally realized what it's like to have to be the protector, to live the way Sousuke lives every day of his life. Though he may do strange things and get irritating at times, now she fully realizes just why he does those things. ...maybe why the hit from the shoe never came in the end, and she broke down in front of him?

The other thing I liked was at the end when he was practically standing beside himself when facing his teammates in the road. They could have shot him, and he would have had absolutely zero reaction to it. Then the ARX-7 comes crashing in and he didn't even flinch, looking back only to acknowledge it as a piece of junk - halfway because it didn't kill him in the process of crashing past him.

The character development in TSR was very well played, even giving another side to people like Kurz. Now if only he could have at least given her that hug...
Well at least his motive was to give her a hug......though yea, wish he woulda done it lol