View Single Post
Old 2007-03-23, 16:16   Link #42
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
Since the previous chapters have revealed some things, I've concluded that Sasuke wasted all that time training under Oro. Undoubtedly the training consisted mostly of Oro teaching Sasuke forbidden, S-level jutsu. However, like Sasuke and Itachi said to Oro, "All your jutsus are useless against these eyes". So, I ask, what Sasuke could have possibly gained training under Oro to prepare him to fight Itachi. If ALL of Oro's jutsus are useless against the Sharingan, what point was there for Sasuke to learn those same jutsus that would be "useless" against Itachi's Sharingan? He would have been better off training under Gai or Jirayi.
The flaw in your argument is obviously that the difference between Oro and Itachi was primarily Sharingan.

Sasuke has the Sharingan which means that to even the score all he needs is the strength.

He was taught by one of the greatest geniuses of all times and surpassed his teacher.

I don't think that Itachi's comment to Oro was literal. He meant that he had the ability to render Orochimaru powerless merely with Sharingan making all of his special ninjutsu useless in the fight.

But he could likely do that to Jiraiya, Gai and pretty much anyone that does not wield Sharingan on an equal level to himself.

I think the ease in which Oro was defeated was up to circumstance. Had he fought from a distance and used the type of A+ level Ninjutsu moves he used on Sandaime he would have given Itachi far more trouble. Or else we are to assume that Kurenai, Kakashi and NARUTO could give Itachi more trouble in a fight.

Oro was either trying to perform his Immortality jutsu or was arrogant and tried to initiate the battle from a close distance but looked into Itachi's eyes just long enough to get caught in a powerful genjutsu he did not see coming.

Sasuke's jutsu learned from Oro would come in handy against Itachi in addition to his Sharingan abilities. Plus to get to Itachi he'd have to whip some Akatsuki ass along the way. The jutsu would come in handy there too.

Last edited by MysticNinjaJay; 2007-03-23 at 16:46.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote