Thread: Crunchyroll Peach Boy Riverside
View Single Post
Old 2021-07-24, 16:29   Link #42
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I don't really understand why there's so much hating on this show. (Not just here, but elsewhere, too.) Sure, it's not the greatest, but I've sat through much worse. I mean, it's not like it's Gibiate or anything. Even the out-of-order airing makes a kind of sense, or at least it does so far.
I'm with you on this. As an anime only watcher I really don't see where all the hate is coming from. They had an issue with lack of material for a good stopping off point in the series and decided to try something different. They re-arranged the show to make the story start in media res and then went back to replay the start. At least that's what they did so far. If they keep it up as it is right now (moving earlier chapters forward so they feel like flashbacks) then I personally have no problem with this.

The show has actually been pretty decent so far. Good character designs, coloring is pretty decent, animation is not bad, the sound track is working pretty well and the voice acting is on point. Honestly, judging the anime on its own merits so far, I'd say it gets a passing grade from me. It's 4 episodes in and I still want to watch the fifth, I say it's working fine in my book.