View Single Post
Old 2010-07-12, 14:17   Link #2873
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
My view on it is that if Genius Battler is true, what had to have happened is when Battler retroactively allowed Erika to seal the room, he also swapped the rooms, so that the room Erika sealed and thinks she saw Battler's corpse in was actually not the room the corpse was in. Erika instead went to the room she sealed. Cheating a no-piece-Erika in this manner is trivial, and Battler actually rewrote the plot, which everyone acknowledged.

Beatrice actually figured it out because the essence of all closed rooms is misdirection -- she rolled back to see which of the starting conditions are not given in red or detective perspective and found this. To prevent this monumental cheating from being discovered, she instead elected to pile more misdirection on, as befits the witch of the closed rooms -- by thinking even further outside the closed room than Gaap explains. So she sent Erika on a wild goose chase by presenting her Kanon as the weakest spot, when it wasn't actually weak or even vulnerable.

I.e. Kanon did go and rescue Battler. In the neighbouring room. Because he didn't know Erika even sealed any rooms.
Hmm, but this would mean that Battler can actually change something that Erika saw without telling her about it. If that's the case, all non-red text is useless since the Game Master can just change the entire story without telling the player (let me know if I'm misunderstanding this).

All of the other retroactive changes were made in blind spots or explicitly agreed upon by both sides. This would be a change that Battler not only failed to mention, but never even hinted at. Whereas all the changes Erika made were fully within her rights based upon the seals that Battler agreed to give her.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page