View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 03:26   Link #36
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I actually remember reading someone make a claim once that the reason for the "Meat" nickname may not have been due to Sena's body (or only due to that), but rather stemming from the video game they played early in the story, where "Meat" was one of the lowest forms of items. (So, in that case, "Meat = Worthless".) I don't know whether this theory is made clearer in the books, but I always thought it was an interesting argument that also makes sense (given that Sena's biggest "sin" is her haughty pride). I bring this interpretation only to question whether the other meaning is absolute fact or not.

I would also say, as a comment, that referring to a woman as "meat" (in reference to her body/breasts) is incredibly degrading. It wouldn't be beyond Yozora to do such a thing (as she has made other degrading comments about Sena's body), but yeah... not good.
Yozora makes it quite clear in the first episode of the previous season that she feels offended by Sena's big boobs. First, she calls them 'milk udders', then she refers to Sena as 'little miss cow' before (in the subsequent episode) calling her 'Meat'. Given how she also said that she wouldn't mind if all big-boobed girls were to die, I think it's safe to say that Sena's nickname stems from Yozora's breast envy and not from some other source.

And as degrading as it may be, Sena seems to have gotten used to it by now, so it doesn't seem to bother her as much anymore.