View Single Post
Old 2009-07-15, 10:14   Link #1032
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
After 15,513 cycles, I can say that we're approaching Rika Furude levels of irritated.

The bigger issue here is that I don't believe they WANT to break the loop. The cycle is two weeks, and they draw their conclusions only two days into the loop. They have 12 days to fix this, and THEY DO NOTHING:

1. Yuki wishes to only observe.
2. Mikuru would LIKE to communicate with the future, but otherwise doesn't mind.
3. Koizumi doesn't feel like taking matters into his own hands.
4. Kyon doesn't know how to fix the problem, so he never attempts to fix the problem.
1. I think it's more a case of that Yuki can't interfere. She's allowed a certain degree of a autonomy (and if the past few episodes haven't convinced you that she's bored, then I don't know what will), but she's an alien-human interface, programmable and programmed, and she cannot interfere.

2. Mikuru's born in the future (or so she says), so if she can't contact the future because there isn't any future then what does that mean for Mikuru? At this point in (Mikuru's) time she's also kind of a weak character, so...

3. As always, Koizumi remains a mystery.

4. You're dead on, especially with the "What's troubling is that Kyon becomes trapped by this mentality: if there is no consequence, there is no point" thing.

I disagree with the 'train of pleasurable memories' thing, primarily in regards to Yuki.