View Single Post
Old 2013-06-18, 11:51   Link #4291
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thryfe View Post
I don't see how one route being canon is impossible. They all share the same base, its up to the reader to decide which they think is the true route. If you pick one then the other two become impossible obviously. That's why Nasu says "my feelings on the matter is that I'd rather two routes disappear if one was true." Also I wasn't saying the Parallel worlds create a plot hole, I was arguing that Zouken would have All the tools he needs in every single route to do what he does in HF. So if he is alive in Fate then HF will inevitably happen which would create a plothole. To avoid HF route from happening he cant be alive in Fate.

His main goal from the very beginning of HF was to utilize his PERFECT experiment. The only thing he didn't expect was that she would turn out perfect like she did, that's what makes him start trolling. Since all the routes share a common origin there is nothing special that happens during those first 3 days that magically turns Sakura from failed experiment to a perfect tool. She has the capability in each route, a lot of people seem to agree that knowledge of Shirou and Sakura caring for each other is the key that drove Zouken to start cattle prodding. Considering that, Fate would be a prime candidate for a HF scenario since there is greater information available revealing the bond those two have if you look at the scene where Shinji tries to get Shirou to join him.

The guy has lived for hundreds of years he isn't going to just prod a few times and quit if his experiment ends up coming out perfectly. His original plan to use her children is irrelevant the moment he finds out how suited Sakura is. When he made that plan it was because she was just a lab rat to him with no future. When that lab rat becomes a masterpiece you can be damn sure your gonna do everything you possibly can to utilize this chance you've been given. Especially after unbearable decay going on for hundreds of years. That's why saying he just sat and watched in Fate is so dang preposterous to me. The perfect opportunity presents itself and he just says nah ill take my chances down the road?

I also don't buy that he has so much more time at his disposal, in HF the route where he is most prominent he tells Illya himself that he is at his limit and needs a permanent body.
First, Nasu himself has said that there is no one canon route, even going along with saying, "if one route were true I would rather the other two be gone". Be him saying that he would rather the other two routes not exist, he, as the author, is stamping that there is no canon route. Period. The parallel worlds theory also supports that.

Next, Sakura wasn't used because there was no connection to AM, and she usually gives Rider to Shinji and moves on, rather than het conversation with Zouken that she had in HF. And Zouken didn't know how to make that connection, because Sakura took poisoning, abuse, experimentation, and a lot of other things and endured them, but he needed her to be mentally unstable to take her role as the Grail. Even during the route itself, he told Assassin that she was essentially unconsciously keeping AM in check while she was conscious, without being aware of it, and that was when he took the trolling to the next level. Unfortunately for him, it wasn't something he could control as well as he thought, see how he always stays out of the way when the Shadow appears.

All that to say is that Sakura's emotional state caused the gate to accidently open, and for the connection to AM to manifest. Essentially, it was all an accident set up by her tense emotional state that even he didn't plan on, but to him seemed fortuitous, then he capitalized on it. His original plans were to use her children, but she was supposed to be a failed prototype he admits he slapped together by copying the Einzberns, meaning he didn't really know what he was doing. When he saw the potential in Avenger he planned to let her mind die by absorbing too many souls and then he would eat her brain, take her body, and manifest his wishes. That was the entirety of his thought process.

Lastly, he had at least fifty more years by his calculations, and while the time between when he needed to change bodies was getting shorter, that doesn't mean his calculations on his time limit were wrong, and even then, its because the bodies he uses are normal people.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote