View Single Post
Old 2007-06-26, 20:16   Link #46
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Ending was solid. Different a little, but not in a bad way. The manga, the live-action, and this...all had their good merits.

Overall, DN had its ups and downs, but I was satisfied with its adaption. It added an extra dimension to the manga which by itself was atmospherically superb with Obata's amazingly well-used tone of black constrast of white...better than his current Ral Grado, to say the least.

As an ending to the anime...I'd say it works good. In the end, the animation brings us back to the beginning of everything, from the sunlight, Light walking slowly as he sees the past him prior to obtaining the DN... as one person once said, everything goes back to their roots in the end, no matter how far up one climbs. In the end, Light was shown to be powerless and his result was such.

Light began with nothing as nothing at all...and in the end, he too returns to nothingness with absolutely nothing as well. The anime brings it to a more "circled" execution, and it shows.

The manga was more WTFBBQ in some of its executions, but I'm not going to complain. It's not like the story was completely revamped...say, FMA. It just took a slightly different approach to a more melancholic tone.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.