View Single Post
Old 2008-01-30, 18:17   Link #62
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Directors don't have to tell the truth with interviews. Interviews are often off the record and tend to touch on things that are not necessarily going to happen in the show. If I remember correctly, he stated that there would be lots of romance in the series, which in turn hasn't happened and won't happen.
So your defense is simply that "oh I don't believe anything they say because I don't think they're telling the truth"? Erm, excuse me?

Mizushima never said there would be "lots of romance in the series". Again you are misquoting him and making yourself look bad by spreading false information. When asked if there will be romance in the series he said that "there will certainly be an element of romance because Kuroda is writing the series", he also said that "there will be a romantic relationship in the series, but it might not have to be related to the main characters". It's pretty obvious that he's referring to the Saji and Louise relationship, which is even getting it's own insert love song that's going on sale as a single in March.

You're completely wrong in saying that interviews are "off the record" and "tend to touch on things that might not happen on the show". The interviews I've read that are in Newtype, Animage and the various mags are usually pretty direct, to the point, and always involving the show itself. Maybe you're confusing your facts with Fukuda's comments when he makes appearences at conferences and appearances? Because those were all off the record and he always jokingly acknowledged that he wasn't always being serious. That's completely different from a professional interview that appears in magazines promoting the show specifically.

How many interviews have you actually read in detail anyway? It seems to me that you're just throwing broad statements around with a certain mentality that you believe in, without actually having all the facts on the table. I hate that because when someone tries to speak on a subject with a level of authority, he should definitely be factually informed and very specific, otherwise people might be led into believing he knows what he's talking about when he doesn't. :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote