View Single Post
Old 2008-06-11, 18:18   Link #261
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know, having been raised in a certain puny East-Asian island and some goddess-forsaken archipelago, this is probably the first time I heard this expression. And I have yet to hear it or use it in a normal conversation. Usually you'd add a couple more words to that, and it'd mean "he sounds feminine, or he sounds gay", but it does not necessarily mean "you are gay".
Hmm, are you still living there? It's certainly popular with the young people today and you can hear it on TV a lot. It's more than you sound gay though... when you want to say you sounded gay, you would say (I'm using BIG5 here) 你說話好娘噢 or 你說話怎麼那麼娘啊. If you simply say "你好娘噢", it usually implied that the guy in question is acting in a very feminine manner like running with your thighs closed together or using utensils with your pinky pointed upward. For example, you could possibly say this to 蔡康永, the openly gay host of 康熙來了, and he probably won't be angry.

Quote:
I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt, well, at least 50%. I will treat the other 50% as a 'wonderfully appropriate comedic gold".
My money is that they have no clue since it's a slang word. It's accidental but so extremely funny. I literally LOL when I saw that scene.

Oh and if this post offends any forum members with a different sexual orientation than mine, please accept my apology. My intention is to purely point out this misunderstanding, not to make fun of guys who naturally act in a feminine manner (like my cousin, and I love him very much. )
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote