View Single Post
Old 2010-11-14, 07:31   Link #18814
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
The opening sequences are not sufficient evidence to state someone is the culprit. It's a meta reason. It's equivalent to using red text as a hint when it's a supernatural force that defies Knox's 2nd. It's rolling the dice to decide who you want to implicate.

As I'm saying this George, Battler and Hideyoshi's shed scene from episode 1 appears in almost every opening. I find these things to be curious, but I don't use them as hints for my suspicions. I mostly use quotes stated in the text.
Although the intros are not evidence per se, they are clearly tools to find foreshadowing. After reading EP1 and watching the scenes in the OP again you could clearly see a lot of the scenes from that episode being replayed like "Beatrice" giving Maria an umbrella in the rose garden, Maria standing with "Beatrice" behind her murdering the 3 in the parlor. But if she never turned around to see what was happening why is her face bloody?

In EP2 we have a foreshadowing of Knox and Dyne applying to the game if it was fair. EP3 had Ange all over the place and she doesn't pop in till the very end.

Just like symbolism isn't a detective tool, but it still is useful foreshadowing and its used plenty of times in the genre. Maria is probably the character with most symbolism around her, from her name, her eyes, her clothing, all of them laden with it.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote