View Single Post
Old 2007-02-04, 19:38   Link #1
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Manga you hate... or isn't worth reading

I often see subjects about manga that people like, top 5 lists, what you are reading, who is your favorite character. but never one to warn us which titles are so bad they should be avoided at all costs. First let me say that I would like anyone who bothers to reply to this to not flame a manga, no matter how much you think it sucks, one persons trash is anothers treasure. Second please give a reason why you didn't like said manga. You think the art was not good enough, you thought the plot was tired and boring, you thought the characters were cardboard cutouts etc. Third if someone else dislikes your favorite manga of all time instead of telling us what a jerk he is for saying it is no good how about telling us why you like it so that we can all decide for ourselves. My basic idea is to discuss the lower end of manga so no one wastes money (or dl time) on stuff you wouldn't line the litter box with.

So I will go first:

Moryoh Kiden: I actually got a copy of the first issue through a trade I had bought a set of GTO (the price was too good to pass up even though I already had a set) and There was some ranma 1/2 in the box, I immediately decided to trade the ranma because I am not a big fan of the art style by Rumiko Takehashi (hope i didn't mangle the spelling too badly) and I traded the 3 ranma volumes for the moryoh Kiden and a couple of rpg books. well Let me say first My biggest problem with the title far and away is the writing, it seems to lack any direction whatsoever, I got the impression I was reading the sequel to a much longer story that all readers should be well informed of before picking up the first book. This however was not the case I couldn't find anything of the sort. Second the art is ok but it is very.... well flighty is the best word i can come up with it is typical clamp style stuff that you see in a ton of non clamp and clamp mangas alike (the writer is a former member of clamp for the record) so it was nothing really special. Finally what i could understand of the plot was dull and lifeless.
Maybe it was just me but this title was truly unenjoyable and I seriously suggest you all avoid it at all costs. I can only be all too thankfull I didn't put any money into it.