View Single Post
Old 2016-08-15, 05:49   Link #41
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The whole "re-imaginings of existing aliens" part could be interesting, although I kind of don't see the point in a prequel story, unless it's just more reference to the Klingons.
This is actually something I welcome. For the most part the aliens in Trek looked like humans with rubber mask on them, for obvious reasons. The rubber masks did become better, but having actual alien aliens would really be nice. Yes, there is a canon explanation for it and the episode was nice, but it is still rather nonsense.

Quote:
Finally, I'm not certain how I feel about robots being in the ship. Considering what Data went through in TNG and The Doctor in VGR, I hope these robots are just used as tools and not more artificial intelligence that are treated as part of the crew as Data and The Doctor were obviously still new territories for their era. Probably not. If it is about them, the Discovery will probably act as transportation and security for the treaty and/or possibly as one of the few who engaged the Sheliak prior to the treaty.
The lack of robots in Trek is actually kind of puzzling. Is there a canon explanation?
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote