Thread: Smoking
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-13, 20:25   Link #357
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
As the previous commenter mentioned, i was not advocating cigarette smoking, since it's scientifically and medically proven to be a health hazard (however the said can be said about excessive alcohol and internet )

I was talking about Tar-free smoking.

The stuff with out the cancer inducing stuff.

But still has the calming, relaxing and recreational nicotine chemical, similar to alcohol. but without the risk of alcohol blood poisoning danger. (yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post

Nicotine isn't selling yourself into slavery, but I see it loosely along the same lines. You're addicting yourself. You won't be able to stop buying and using that product unless you're prepared to endure a lot of discomfort and strain on your body. It just seems like an unwise decision. What if you suddenly can't afford it, or if your supply is suddenly cut off? You're suddenly a ticking time bomb, and your withdrawal symptoms could come at a very inopportune time. Why burden yourself with that additional risk? Why burden yourself with the addiction at all?

Ledgem, you have a very good question, i mean Why burden yourself with the addiction at all?

That comrade, is human nature. I do not know why some people fall hopelessly into alcoholism, some say it's genetics, other say it's psychological, either way, I could never imagine myself to drink everyday. I can not image the hangover when you cannot fuel the addiction any more.

*shudder*

However many people continue to drink and do not fall into alcoholism.

The simple truth is that the majority of people learn how to moderate and to a certain extent are simply immune to the addictive nature of the stuff.

But I mean why burden yourself to it? Because we choose to.

The same could be said about nicotine.

You don't have to do it, but you have a choice.

and some people enjoy it, but do not get addicted. it is a simple thing.

Besides i still get questioned as to why i watch anime, i mean i get the same underlying theme.

"Why burden yourself with the addiction at all?"

Well ,that's because i'm addicted. Until they can scientifically prove that watching too much anime, or, taking too much nicotine would eventually give me a life threatening disease or actively deteriorate my health.

I think I'm entitlement to choose my Evil addiction.