Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-06-27, 13:40   Link #3101
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossoverManiac View Post
Frank campaigned on a platform of screwing over NASA.
And so? Both this link and the original youtube link only say that Frank thought that manned Mars missions are a bad idea. This is a farcry from what your original post was claiming. At this point, it looks more like you've got some sort of axe to grind, and that's not exactly newsworthy. As I pointed out earlier, if you want to talk about the merits and faults of space exploration policy, go ahead and create a new thread, but please cut out this melodramatic alarmism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossoverManiac View Post
I'm misleading people now?!? Well, let's see how misleading the title really is. Fact: on more than one occasion, Barney complained that NASA was getting hundreds of billions to go to Mars (hundreds of billions is quite a lot for an agency that only gets $18 billion per year). Barney wants to cut those hundreds of billions for his health care plan. Now, what was my title again? Oh yes, it's "Barney Frank wants to gut NASA for government-run health care". NASA is going to lose a sizable percentage of its budget and have it redirected towards the train wreck that is nationalized health care. Looks pretty damn accurate to me.
And it looks horribly misleading, if not outright dishonest, to me. Frank's point was that the U.S. shouldn't spend hundreds of billions of dollars in space exploration, and that this money would be better spent on healthcare. Look, I'm not here to debate with you on this particular topic. If you want to continue it, then do so in a new thread.