View Single Post
Old 2009-09-30, 14:46   Link #91
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I just hope that Smoker doesn't become fodder for her. An important character like him who vows to rise up in the ranks and chase Luffy in the New World deserves much better than that. I would actually be content if they stalemate each other. That outcome would appease fans of both Smoker and Hancock.
Agreed. Seeing a stalemate could be very intersting, but I am guessing that she will not really fight Smoker. Or, if she does, it will finally be confirmed that she cannot control her King's Haki, so she cannot hurt a Logia-user as much as someone like Rayleigh could (or something else to power her down and allow neither to beat the other).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I hope you're right. It doesn't make sense for a warlord to be so easily beaten by another warlord. What would be the point in the WG recruiting someone so weak into the shichibukai?
Becasue he can still deal with 99% of the world's pirates (etc). Just cause he can't defeat the Top 1% (which is likely about 20 people in the entire One Piece universe) does not mean he does not deserve his position (if that was the case, none of the Shichibukai or Admirals would deserve their position considring there are so many strong pirates/revolutionaries out there). Being the strongest is not all there is to being a Shichinukai (it's good if they are, but not necessary when applying for the job).