View Single Post
Old 2006-01-05, 15:00   Link #4
Strike Mk.II

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
Is it just me, or is it w/ each and new Transformer series that comes out they're getting bigger and blockier? I mean, I think the series are okay, but tend to be cheesy at times. I'm watchin the newest series that's out, the one w/ the Cyber Planet Keys...forgot the exact name, but it seems it has potential...just the mouth movements kill me cause they're so bland w/ just a simple up/down movement.

Though, I couldn't help but chuckle at this:

Megatron - This isn't over!
Optimus - Give it a second...
*BOOM!*

With the older Transformer series...I didn't really get a Power Ranger/Voltron vibe from it...but w/ this current one...it hits me like a brick wall. It's GREAT 3D modeling, but I feel like it's going to waste...
I just finished watching all of Transformers Galaxy Force its not really that bad. But after hearing those quotes from the english dub, that does really sound cheesy. Considering that the jap dub was aimed at really young kids, Im assuming that the eng dub is also aimed at young kids, so I guess the cheesyness is gonna be there anyway.
But One thing you mentioned confused me, they dont seem to be using the same character names as in the jap dub. They changed Galaxy Convoy to Optimus, Excilion to Hotshot, Thundercracker to Jetfire
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote