View Single Post
Old 2012-11-09, 18:56   Link #88
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Hello plot, I missed you. Let us link arms, for I wish for us to never part again.

Nah, I played the VN, so I have a general idea of how things are going. As overblown as the concern was for this series, I'm enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm an anime-only viewer, and I was really disappointed in the first three episodes, for humour, script, and voices. Episode four was up and down for me. And I enjoyed episode 5 quite a bit.

I think it's fair to judge a show based on five episodes: no matter how long it is, they should be able to get their act together by this point. The dialogue, voices, and humour are not that likely to change. What can change is the forward drive of the plot, and it does seem to be coming around now. But I have still found just about nothing of interest in any of the baseball or classroom scenes.

TJR makes a good point that we might better compare this to Da Capo, Fortune Arterial, or To Heart 2, rather than to Kanon or Clannad, because of the amount of money and effort that went into those KyoAni versions. That being said, I'm a fan of some of the Da Capo series, and I enjoyed Fortune Arterial. I hope this show comes around for me, and ep5 made me think it just may.
Almost missed this, my apologies. I will agree with you that it had a slow start, but so did Clannad, Air, Kanon and well...most series that run past the half-cour length. This is why I run by my 7-episode rule which I adapted from watching K-ON (which I almost dropped). It just kicked into Komari's route and will only get better from here; it seems unfortunate to drop it here.

The baseball and classroom scenes definitely didn't have as much emotion invested into them as the VN did, but they're still there as placeholders for character development. Little Busters never exactly excelled in the comedic sense as my opinion of Clannad's did, but where it gets really good is when it gets down and dirty with the story. I'd give it just a bit more time until you fully decide, but that's if you were planning to leave now. I'm not exactly sure of your intentions, so that's why I'm just leaving a generalization.