View Single Post
Old 2008-07-02, 11:03   Link #2184
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Coma I'm ignoring and leaving you alone so do me the same curiosity and bugger off.
Oh alright, do pardon me for trying to head a potential flamewar off at the pass. Heaven forbid that a lowly Cadia n00b like me would be mildly concerned about Aaron following through on his threat to shut the thread down if things got unpleasant in here again.

Quote:
Strikers is newer and new canon overrides old IMO as I’ve said elsewhere IMO when they made Strikers and began to go more in depth about how one actually learns magic (and somewhat about how it works) they may have slightly altered previous ideas. The latest data on the subject says the mana is linked from outside and not generated internally and as far as I’m concerned that overrides the earlier statement.
In other words: RETCON POWA TO THE MAX! I can go with this line of reasoning, though I'd rather not simply ignore something that was said or done in a previous season just because something newer contradicts it; that creates what I think could be a potentially dangerous precedent...

Besides, I rather like the "ethereal organ connected to a magical circulatory system" interpretation.

Some additional thoughts on the subject matter:

It's true that not all humans are born with linker cores (of the physical muscle variety), but what sets apart those that actually do have them? Assuming it's not some sort of inherent spiritual strength or something of that sort, maybe it's connected to a recessive gene inherited from a Mid-Childan ancestor? You know, maybe something that gets tacked on to a person's DNA every now and then that says "hey, let's add this magical doohickey to the final product!"

This might actually occur far more often than we're led to believe, but in a non-magical society like what Earth is stuck with it would be hard to pick out people with LCs and no magic training, wouldn't it?

Quote:
As for the second bit we know that at least some part of isn't biological and yet some part of it probably IS in order for it be effected by other processes in the body. If this just A's to go on I'd have acutally agree that the core isn't at all biological, but the stuff in Strikers can't be ignored the core is linked to it's host biology and it's hard to see how that can work if at least parts of it aren't themsevles biological.
Hence the dual-phase existence I proposed. Granted, for my hypothesis you have to accept some amount of the spirituality aspect for it to work...

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-07-02 at 11:13.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote