View Single Post
Old 2007-04-03, 22:11   Link #65
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
A KM can be damaged by a punch in the "head" by another KM. In general a KM's design philosophy is closer to an aircraft's than a tank's; paper-thin armour to maintain ability to avoid attacks.
I'd say that they're probably most analogous to helicopter gunships. However, I have no idea how they're supposed to survive especially given that they don't tend to work with infantry in close support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis Astranagant View Post
I do not believe that to be true because:

1) Of that fact that KMFs originated from tanks. (See article below)
The creators can claim many things, but if they aren't reflected by the show itself, we can safely ignore them. In this case, Vallen Chaos Valiant's statement is completely based on how the Knightmare Frames are portrayed.

Quote:
3) Cockpit layout and design are far from the HoTaS format on fighter jets.
The design of a cockpit isn't all that important to its design philosophy compared to how it's employed.

Quote:
Also, as Ktran noted, a hypothetical hp of a KMF is around 1100. An M1 has 1500 hp. I'd say that's about right for a KMF.
The credit belongs to HunterRequiem. The main reason why main battle tanks are so heavy is because they mount a lot of armor (usually at least half of the total mass), Knightmare Frames don't, so it's natural that they fit into a different niche.