View Single Post
Old 2004-04-20, 20:14   Link #189
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
...Gainax is one of the better if not the *best* studios out there, the three shows by them I've watched have strenghtened that belief...
GAINAX is all too happy to tell people how "wild" and "far out" they are. When Anno was still writing and directing for them they certainly were capable of excellent anime. I can name 3 very good titles from GAINAX; so can anyone - but they haven't done anything for me lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneredAngel
...Gainax *is* the only anime studio out there that consistently tries to do *more* with animation than anyone thinks is possible...
They used to do things with anime as a storytelling medium... I wouldn't say that their best titles had incredible animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubo
...I think GAINAX can't be viewed as a normal animation firm...
Why not? At this point they are neither a tiny 'boutique" studio with a short track record nor a huge one with a bloated resume. Their body of work taken as a whole doesn't stand for anything special, despite their claims to the contrary.

Why not compare them to Madhouse, for example? Madhouse would have done a better job with the characterization in this series.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote