Thread: Natsuiro Kiseki
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 11:06   Link #217
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

We seem to have finally gotten a good look at Saki's "normal" personality in the episode after the drama of the previous one. Her cool and refined behavior makes her quite attractive.

This episode proved that not all four of the girls have to desire something for it to happen, and just two (or possibly one) are enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
two of them to get their hearts in sync to cancel out the wish.
That's a great explanation, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
You know the anime community is screwed up when heroines having a love interest, something that opens up the floodgates for a plethora of character development along with heartwarming scenes and great drama, is considered a bad thing. (Not directed to AnimeSuki since nothing of the sort has gone on here, but seriously, in my younger and more innocent pre-otaku years I'd never have imagined that main characters falling in love would ever be conceived as a dealbreaker. That's about as asinine as people rebelling against clever dialogue, likable characters, or exciting/touching climaxes.)
Agreed. I'm okay with all-female casts with yuri undertones and no romance like with A-Channel, K-On and Madoka Magica, but not every four-girl ensemble anime should be restricted to this formula. I'm greatly looking forward to Yuka's romance/crush next episode, and I'm sure that it'll give some insight into her character.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote