View Single Post
Old 2012-08-03, 11:05   Link #300
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
When you say "troll" Kenpachi, what do you mean? If Kenpachi gets beat, is that considered trolling? I have a feeling people just insert the word "troll" into everything these days.
yea, i miss the days when a troll was just some scary creature living under bridges who demanded tolls to pass and ate people if they didn't oblige.

my understanding of current trolling is when you fake someone (i.e. us readers) out. like if byakuya was still alive and unharmed somehow for no logical reason and then smiled at as nodt and 1 hit killed him. us readers and as nodt would have been trolled.

also, it seems like an even newer definition of trolling is when you have characters appear for just a short while just to remind readers that they exist even though the author is not giving them anything in particular to do. i.e. if kenpachi gets 1 hit killed by buckbeard next chapter, then kenpachi would indeed be trolled. kubo does often troll characters in this way since he has so so so many of them, it's hard to make a meaningful story with them all appearing and being actually relevant (a good writer like oda can do it, but not kubo). a good example would be the hinamori troll when rangiku was fighting allon. she appeared out of nowhere, did 1 or 2 things and then got beat moments later. a similar crappy thing could befall kenpachi next chapter, but i certainly hope and think not.

i don't really like these newer definitions for trolling and would prefer to see trolls kept under bridges, but i think kache is correct in saying it that way
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote