View Single Post
Old 2008-11-17, 20:53   Link #132
Mumitroll
Banned

Quote:
There's two reasons for the English-only rule. The first is to facilitate communications, and the second is that non-English posts can be impossible to moderate. This is a non-negotiable rule.
I wouldnt normally write anything in other languages, but the guy asked in Russian so I replied. but btw, you have a lot of posts with Japanese text to delete then...

Quote:
Because the OP is not asking for a history lesson, and because the thread drift is obscuring the discussion so much that the original intent of the thread is otherwise unviable.
the problem with that is that you arent even able to discuss this topic with any degree of seriousness without knowing the corresponding history - at least superficially. it's a common attitude on net forums though.. especially US ones.. paraphrased: "history? what history? last week? thats ancient, go away with that." such "I-think-X you-think-Y but-nobody-of-us-has-any-real-clue" discussions are funny to look at, but barely more than that.

Quote:
It may or may not be relevant, but it doesn't deserve to completely overwhelm the OP.
perhaps you are right. I am yet to see any objection from the OP though. if there were one I would immediately comply.

Quote:
By the way, this kind of post would be better if it were in a PM.
I already have several ongoing private discussions with posters here who all ask more or less similar questions and need similar information. I think it's better for such a discussion to be public. less work for me.
Mumitroll is offline   Reply With Quote