View Single Post
Old 2011-03-22, 15:33   Link #32
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't think "reality" "realism" are the right concepts to use here.... adaptations like this are more a sort of 'expanded reality' 'alternate reality' ...or even a modern fairy tale of sorts. A fairy tale of psychiatric madness... (both the good guys and bad guys) Modern mythology... even.
That's what you'd label it yeah, the basic idea I was trying to get to is the film paints Batman as actually being feasible in the real world (even though remotely). That's one of the cool things about batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
I hope so! I hope this is the last in the Nolan trilogy, and that the next movie will be a little less unrealistic and have Robin in it, as a teenager. And then we could have some of the kooky villains make appearances in that new series. I think it would be very popular, y'know? :>
Quote:
But comics are not realistic! Making them realistic kills that little flair for the absurd that you have to keep in mind whenever you pick one up. Hell, Batman was shot by Darkseid's omega ray or whatever and was sent back in time after the conclusion of Final Crisis. Isn't that retarded? Yeah! But that is what you get when you read a super hero comic.
Ok, you're saying one thing and then another. I have a feeling you're a troll, given how you think Robin would be a great idea. No one thinks that and isn't trolling...

Last edited by Kakashi; 2011-03-22 at 15:44.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote