View Single Post
Old 2006-08-02, 18:48   Link #90
Undertaker

And good ninja is not kiddish? I love Ninjas, but they are sneaky little spys and assasins that are treat worse than dogs in reality and and brain-washed to do whatever the Daimiyo (Japanese Fuedal Lord) tells them to do even if it is to kill a 10 month old infants or sleep around with men/women just to get a piece of info or acting as human shield for some one.

There is a better chance for a "good" pirate to appear than a "good" ninja to appear, it's more likely to have pirates that are Robinhood like, but it's not possible for ninjas to act on he's own moral conscence due to their strick codes; those that can't complete missions are deemed worthless and in some cases hunted down and dispose of and they have absolutly no social status what so ever.

So far Naruto is nothing but a story about good ninja and their friends, which is fine by me, but totally impossible in reality and certainly more farfatched than OP. It's artwork in manga are just as kiddish as OP in the beginning as well.

I actually started reading Naruto first online because I like ninjas and find OP artwork kind of weird but then after a friend back Taiwan recommand OP and telling me how much OP is more popular in East Asia and mush better than Naruto I start to read it and got stuck immediately. Since than the only time I think Naruto was better than OP was during mid-to-late part of Sky Piea arc that I find the arc is streching too long and Naruto is at time was in the best part of it's series imo which is the Akasuki/Sanin arc.

Since than, Naruto has been in a down hill after the battle of Sannins and is getting to a point that the story is just stalling for stalling's sake and power scales are all messed up as well with too many holes starts to pop up in the stories and in addition to the lack of growth on part of Naruto himself compare to his peers. While Oda surprised my fun little arc in Davy Back Fight and a great constracted arc in Water 7 and the gap bwteen two series just getting wider and wider.

For past couple week I actually enjoy Bleach manga more than Naruto and that means something, because while I enjoyed reading Bleach I was never a huge fan of the series, all similar action manga out at time it was ranked behind Black Cat on my list but now I actually enjoy Bleach manga a little bit more than Naruto....

Last edited by Undertaker; 2006-08-02 at 19:22.