View Single Post
Old 2012-01-24, 14:15   Link #962
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd say you are a little later on that one.

We know of two KyoAni productions this year. One for Spring and the other is guessed to be Fall.

Hyou-Ka a High School set mystery series will air this Spring. This is produced by Kadokawa which produced FMP!, Haruhi, Lucky Star, and Nichijou.

and

Chūni-byō Demo Koi Shitai! a series produced by KyoAni themselves based on a honorary mention title from their own Award program, and will likely air later this year. It is hard to messure just what it is...seems like a romantic comedy.

It is unknown what, if anything, KyoAni will be doing for Pony Canyon this year. (Pony Canyon would be the one handling the likes of K-On and any Key series from what I understand). They might be contracting out for the later series, they might be setting up for more K-On (because that series has been a large success so far, including its movie) since the manga restarted last year. There isn't quite enough yet for a series since it is divided between two groups now and niether group has really put on a full concert. Each has had a performance of one sort on another, but not as a climax to a story arc (Azusa played and sang solo for the Freshman Orientation to get new members, while Yui's group played to introduce themselves to the University's Light Music Club...that has something like ten bands).

The other option of course is more Key series, and it has been discussed about what Key wants and what KyoAni can handle. So far it is a mix of limited amount of projects possible, with the nature of Little Busters (specificially the repeativeness of it that they don't think can be animated without killing the audiance interests....either via boredom, or Endless Eight flashbacks).

Nichijou did poorly in sales, though it is being reaired presently on some station in a cut down fashion. Perhaps that might shift things, but most suspect it was the pricing that was the issue. (Others say the show was bad, but I found it funny).