View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 15:58   Link #971
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Lol what? Mister, do you come from the future?
No. I suppose I could have worded that differently as "Since Japanese Otaku tend not to buy/collect mystery series as seen by the sales failures of Gosick, UN-GO and based on the information from Amazon's Stalker points, Another, Hyou-ka has to overcome the seeming bias against that genre among Otaku to sell what Kyoto Animation works usually sell. The moeified character designs could help but then again, Noizi Itou did the character designs for Another and that is forecasted to flop. The KyoAni name could add cache, and I believe that Hyou-ka will sell better than Nichijou. So it would be reasonable to expect that the series won't break 10,000 average per volume but it is possible to match the Full Metal Panic numbers(around 6,000 IIRC). Hyou-ka could also be the exception to the rule, and I hope that I am wrong despite the fact that I badly want more Haruhi anime to be produced"

I do suspect that Hyou-ka will be well received by the Western fandom however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There is also the chance (due to random hints from its creator) of a FMP anime. That could be in place of the Haruhi listed on your speculation listing.
Yes, I know there is a chance that more FMP could be made(which is one reason why I'd put next Kadokawa project in 2013. It is possible that whatever they're doing for Kadokawa could be aired in the Spring of 2013(like it was for 2011 and will be for 2012) but I figured that if KyoAni is doing Little Busters and KyoAni continues its trend of making anime that goes for 2 cours, they may want to space their project a little more apart(and this does give more time for them to make the next Haruhi anime 2 cours since Tanigawa will probably have come out with a new novel or two in the meantime). If they decide to do a movie project for Kadokawa, then that would likely move things up too.

Last edited by AbZeroNow; 2012-03-25 at 16:17. Reason: added a reply