View Single Post
Old 2012-05-23, 18:24   Link #84
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I was just as relieved. It could have been just another one of those situations where my favorite character ended up dying in a Gundam series, and I have quite the track record when it comes to that.
Can't even remember when the last one in her position survived. And just like you said, they're usually favourites of mine too, so all the possible ways in which her predecessors died came to mind. When she was going nuts, I figured someone would take her out. When Riddhe shot at the Banshee like a crazy person with his (lol) gun, I was sure she was going to snap, and Banagher would kill her. Or she'd kill Zinnerman. When she decided she was the enemy, I thought she was going to kill herself. And then she made it and I was just like "Oh...". Didn't expect that. This was so emotional, it's a miracle I didn't cry my eyes out actually.

Quote:
If this ends as strong as it is currently I'm gona have to say this is probably my favorite Gundam series.
Same here. The OST is amazing, the visuals are stunning, the plot and storytelling are epic too. Old UC shows were similarly good, this just has the massive bonus of its modern technology and cinematography. This is easily one of the best shows of recent years.

Quote:
As for AGE, I feel like I'm blessed having never watched it. I can't stand the majority of Gundam material made this past decade or so, thanks a good ol' UC Gundam series like this came around. And boy what a great series it has been thus far.
You are. While I personally did enjoy recent shows for being good at what they do (except GSD), but Age... I don't think you could watch it alongside Unicorn and not end up wishing to shank the fool who green-lighted it. The quality gap is simply enormous.

I just irrationally wish we didn't have to wait so long between episodes. But the quality speaks for itself and once they're all released, it'll be awesome to watch them all together
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote