View Single Post
Old 2013-02-21, 18:09   Link #23
Allium
Keep on keeping on

After a couple of action-packed episodes in a row, I didn't mind at all that this one focused on the characters more. There were rather poignant moments, especially between Kougami and Akane and even Masaoka and Ginoza. I guess this is a breather before we get down to the last few remaining episodes...

The Chief is back, though we don't know which brain is controlling her at the moment. As the representative of the Sibyl System, her presence is more stifling than ever. It was nasty of her to try to get Ginoza to kill off Kougami, but fortunately Akane stepped in - her lines to the Chief were priceless! Judging from her reactions, I think she knew that something else was going on, that the Dominator wasn't broken at all.

The part where Akane reads Kougami's letter at the end had a bittersweet feel, as the next time they meet, Akane would most likely have to kill Kougami - which pretty much explains the scenes in the first and second OP sequences. I don't think the situation would conveniently end up that way though, maybe there'll be a twist or two somewhere at the end and Kougami makes it out alive.

Overall, pretty OK episode.

Other things:
- Following ep 17, the animation quality was quite bad, but at least the director admitted to it and that they would fix it for the BDs.
- Even if the tables turned in the end, at least Ginoza tried to do something to help Kougami. It's awful to be in his shoes, really.