View Single Post
Old 2014-02-12, 01:55   Link #553
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Mm...joint oil and gas exploration? Promises not to develop military installations or garrisons in the sea zones? You cede some exclusive economic benefits and complete sovereignty while retaining the crucial sea transit rights.

But you'll have to convince the Pacific player in the first place why you're willing to give up on Taiwan but not the Diaoyu, without stating outright your rationale -- that you don't trust them to always keep shipping lanes open in cases of diplomatic conflict. Would s(he) accept RP arguments like placating domestic jingoism?
Well, it's worth a shot, yes.

Quote:
The game's setting sounds very strange though. Why are they holding Fujian and -- though gameplay-wise very understandable given that the a player with the full might of the USA would just kick everybody's butt -- why is California independent and in league with Japan and Taiwan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
For what reasons did the mainland ROC not have Fujian and how did they get it back?
Partially my fault actually; part of my background for a restored ROC is the breakdown of the PRC due to a global economic depression, leading to yet another Warring States period for mainland China. Subsequently when the KMT reunited mainland China, the ex-PRC warlord defected to Pacific instead of rejoining the ROC for his own reasons.

Same global depression also broke up the United States, thus California with Pacific and the rest of the former US divided into Union vs Confederate yet again.

Like I said, realism isn't highly prioritised here.

This game is supposed to be based in an alternate XCOM: Enemy Unknown setting, which means ALIENS sooner or later. But it's just started, so right now we're doing 'normal' diplomacy and all that jazz.

Quote:
If the ROC was having issues maintaining their own coastline, they have no method of establishing control over the South China Sea verses Pacific in the Philippines. Who holds the lands know presently as Vietnam and Indonesia? They are the other disputed parties in that sea other than Pacific and China.
Vietnam is an NPC, while Indonesia is part of another PC faction I'll call 'Oceania'. The latter hasn't been particularly active as yet, though.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote