View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 00:22   Link #370
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

...I didn't mean to step on your tail. I know these abilities is the embodiment of your time, energy, and imagination, but all I had at first was your post. You knew best how they're going to work, I do not. So hang on to your patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
"True Regeneration" is meant as a similar blanket concept. It is not meant to refer specifically to a self-healing power that runs on SP AND allows for HP Drain.

I was being clumsy, trying to compare "Heal HP" and "Heal Wounds" against "Heal both HP and Wounds", to illustrate the differences.

Also, I was lumping various ways of paying for True Regeneration. Citron Call is one form which is fueled by one's own SP. Chrome Disaster's HP Drain is another form, which is fueled by HP stolen from others.

SOMEONE might have both methods of paying for True Self-Regeneration, but that would require a LOT of investment at avatar creation (leaving room for basically nothing else) or through level up bonuses.
In a fighting game, anything that raises your health bar is considered healing. But repairing your equipment or avatar would be considered, well, repairing. Let's use these terms from now.

As far as I could tell, HP Copy and Vitality Restoration thus have this effect of raising your own health bar, which makes it just like healing. That's why I took it to mean healing yourself.

Quote:
Except it doesn't deny the move to the owner, so how is it the same?

Demonic Commandeer was a good way to ruin an enemy, as well to hold something over their head as blackmail. Nasty, but useful.

Simply copying a move does not give you any such power over an enemy. What can you blackmail them with? And if they want revenge for the loss or for having their ability copycatted, then they still have their full potential to use against you.

"Mimic" is a nicer, kinder, weaker power compared to Commandeer. They are similar, but NOT the same.
Well then, to your avatar's perspective, Mimic is similar to Demonic Commandeer because I can copy and keep a move.

Quote:
I'm losing patience with you.

If you didn't know a thing about Black Lotus, and I described her powers, you would immediately begin screaming about how overpowered that was without stopping to consider the possibility that Lotus is Level 9.

Obviously, no avatar with all of those gravity-related powers would be Level 1. Obviously, the game would impose sensible limits to similar powers. Do you think I'm stupid? You're treating me like I'm stupid.
Hang on to your hat, please.

Quote:
Where is your imagination?

First of all, why ANY attack? If the avatar is visible, then light is being reflected off of him. He is therefore vulnerable to lasers or beams, and possibly any form of energy-based attack.

On top of that, the SP cost for remaining intangible would surely be horrendous, emptying a full gauge much faster than Silver Crow's Aviation.
Okay okay, I stand corrected. Any physical attack. Perhaps radiation and light-based attacks still work.

What I was thinking of was Chrome Falcon's Flash Blink, massless and formless particles that result in pseudo-teleportation.