View Single Post
Old 2006-12-14, 06:39   Link #32
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
No no.. maybe you guys don't see my problem. I'm upset because the shield of sand is not under gaara's control. its not like the armor of sand which he packs on his skin. Its not like the sand he carries on his back in his gourd. its weird in that... for example, if gaara decided to shed his armor of sand, drop his gourd at home, and literally not have a speck of sand on him, if attacked, the shield of sand would still activate. It would almost literally materialize out of the air. Gaara can use other sand to block, but that special automatic sand is not the same sand. Gaara has no control over that particular sand, none whatsoever. Thats what is said. Remember how he tried to kill and harm himself. If he had control over the shield, he could just tell it to stop or have it go left, while he stabbed himself on the right. But he can't... he said so himself. The shield moves automatically.
I think you don't understand the mechanism of Gaara's sand.
The Sand that protects Gaara automatically doesn't appear out of nothing and isn't particular in anyway. Most of the time it's from his old chakra-sand simply because it's the closest and fastest but what protect Gaara is sand in general.

If Gaara directly uses the sand at his disposition to do something else then that's what the sand will do, that's why Naruto was able to punch him at the hospital for example, because he was already using his sand to cover Rock Lee.
Gaara used not to be able to control his sand when he was young. That's why everybody was afraid of him because he could wound and kill people on childish whims even if he didn't really wanted to. That's why before he killed his uncle he wasn't able to wound himself whereas once he decided to be a demon he took control of his sand to carve his face.

To summarize if Gaara doesn't control the sand it will try to protect him automatically but if Gaara take control of it, the sand will act at his will.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote