View Single Post
Old 2009-09-11, 10:23   Link #140
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
The "prologue at the end" was weird - I thought it was the actual ending until I went here and read it on this thread.
They give one clue for the eagle-eyed that this scene takes place before the rest of Sighs, and before BLR, even.

Spoiler for Hint, pay attention to the clubroom shot while Kyon and Haruhi are talking:

Quote:
But the progress from "fiction interwined with reality" toward "fiction in movie, reality is real" was well done, and the idea actually worked and felt logical.
One thing I wonder : the public seemed shocked when seeing the movie. I can't decide if Haruhi's desire for her movie to be great affected people and entranced them, or if they were just stunned by how bad the movie was.
Apparently 100% of the movie's audience are teenaged boys. They're probably not watching for the plot.

Quote:
A last thing this episode made, was to change a lot the feeling of the group. Up 'til now, they all seemed to be a gang of different people from different factions teaming up for a common interest, in a rather light-hearted mood ; that is, they had huge responsabilities, but rather liked being together.
This ep make the whole show take a different turn, and give them a much more ambiguous feeling, of manipulative people wearing a mask and ready for any infighting, only glued at the same place by Haruhi.
Now we know where Koizumi gets the strength to restrain Kyon one-handed. I can see a young Koizumi, in the days before he transferred into North High, carrying out hits against rival organizations in the dead of night. Beating up people for protection money. Running guns and drugs to finance the Organization's secret war. If they made a game about that, I'd play it.