View Single Post
Old 2011-03-04, 07:34   Link #1027
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Yes, but he looks quite upset when Ranka asks him about his "shopping trip". As I recall, this is after he gives her the ticket. He looks quite uncomfortable. His "lie" seems to take a toll on him. Plus, we also see him in Ep20 doing this same "guilt trip" by reaching out to her and saying "Ranka, I--" right before she's gone. It's easy to see that Alto has a hard time lying and feels the pressure of the spotlight yet again. This must lead him to pressure Ranka into things she obviously doesn't really want to do: like in Ep20, sing when her emotions are destroyed.

I agree that it is possible Alto was pushing his own family issues onto her, but I'm thinking that his reason for this was that ever hurtful spotlight being directed at him: the entire "Ranka fanclub" looking to him for him to be infatuated with her plus his lying bringing her eyes to him. He quit acting promptly because he hated his father pushing everything on him. He views the pressure of lying to a girl that is his friend to be the same. So, in that context, I will agree that it is possible he projected his family issues into her.

Then again, in the same episode, he expresses that he wants her to talk to him. The reason he is probably not excited about Ranka's being scouted is because he wanted to aspire it (which he did but didn't realize, except in the movie). After all, it was him and not Sheryl who inspired her to sing in Ep5, and also him that she sang for in Ep3. I leave this note as a possibility. Because Alto doesn't exactly like what career she chose (singing/acting/etc.). But of course, his acting career scarred his life in a way.

Sorry for the ramble and that off-topic subject, but I was addressing a possibility. We have to compare Alto's reactions to that of a normal man, to analyze him perfectly, after all; he's based on a human male with life struggles. All characters are based on real people's emotions/actions and must be analyzed as such.
I don't think that his reaction in episode 20 is the effect of his lie back in episode 6. Considering what was going on in episode 20, I doubt that was even on his mind. Also isn't his reaction more of Ranka finding him and Sheryl together on the rooftop. Ranka also doesn't give him anytime to explain, so there is no way of knowing whether or not he would lie. Also the only thing Alto and by extension Sheryl knew about Ranka singing was that it could stop the Vajra, which were currently in Frontier wrecking havoc and killing people (due to Ranka's over reaction mind you), to them Ranka was just behaving selfishly and was refusing to do her job.

Ranka expressed that she just wanted someone to listen to her sing in those episodes, she even says so herself. Also it was both Alto and Sheryl that pushed Ranka to follow her dreams, which Ranka said in the beginning was just to get people to listen to her sing. She didn't start making Alto her sole reason for singing until much later on. Also I don't think that Alto really cares about the career that she chose, after all he is the one who constantly reminds her that it is her dream at the end of it.

On top of that I don't think that Alto is that averse to acting or any other performance because he is also a stunt pilot; a performer in his own right, whose job is to wow the audience, just as ordered by the client (too bad no one told Ranka that).