View Single Post
Old 2012-10-08, 08:18   Link #374
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I think you're partially undermining the concept of a sub-program not following a main program. That DOES NOT happen in computers.
A program to begin with has a set of priority and tasks (in a very gross generalization), but a real artificial intelligence would not respond like a normal program: surely some directive won't be possibily breached by the said AI, but everything else is left to their discretion.
Again, the author was shown a bit fuzzy with his explanations and had to pull a drama over a rogue AI, and I suspect it was something not planned until after SAO arc was done since it was introduced in a short story, according to LN readers. It is even more noticeable when we have -physical in-game- GM interface which shouldn't even happen to begin with.
Quote:
Computing is expected to be followed -- which means, in order for Yui to actually "rebel" against the orders of Cardinal, she'd have to have will, hence Asuna's words: "You really do have intelligence, don't you?" and her own words, "I don't understand, but I really wanted to meet you..." Thus, her will overrides the system.
That has nothing to do with any "will" whatsoever, but the liberty of a given AI, and simply speaking, the author went too nebulous in his explanations to be taken seriously.
Quote:
On the novels it's pretty blantant, so I guess we should blame A-1 then?
Failure from the anime again.
Quote:
IMO, it's like the previous battle in the Arena (in ep 10 or so). Direct hits will kill you.
No, Kirito stated clearly that he will "kill him", and there was -no- duel mode involved: there was no countdown, no UI statement, nothing.
They were basically attacking each other and aiming for the kill, whereas in the arena, it was the duel system, with the 50%hp or clean hit victory condition.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-10-08 at 08:35.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote