View Single Post
Old 2014-03-29, 06:29   Link #1952
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
He probably is though. Heck he probably can be anything, even an actual Dragon, since he can transform. We just didn't get any depiction of his actual transformed appearance, and I wonder why ... but I suspect it's because it spoils a big chunk of the hidden plot.
Just for fun, look at that title again and tell me what you find weird :
I agree on the bolded part. Since Aiwass can probably transform into free forming form and he can probably take the form of the dragon but I like the form he take when he appears. It doesn't show that he is imposing or dangerous but the aura or present itself will probably tell you. Appearance can be deceiving.

Quote:
Index? By Index do you mean the whole series? How can you even say that after comparing it to a Chinese Dragon? Just no, no and no.
That's what I find weird with you guys sometimes. You're all "Aeon here, Aeon that, Aleister is superior because he's not limiting himself to the Aeon of OSIRIS, etc". But when the real deal happens you are actually the ones who are limiting yourself to Christianity vision. Which is ironic, because not even my local priests think "Dragon" is essentially a Symbol Of Evil.
When we're still at that subject I'll answer my own question for you. It took the form of a Dragon because a Dragon is actually looks menacing and powerful in the writer's mind. It's a symbol of strength before everything else = using a powerful enemy is the best to symbolise a powerful evil. It's as simple as that.
It's the same with St.George's legend. The Dragon wasn't necessary evil, it was just powerful and the Knight was respected for beating such a powerful creature.
In the Aeon of Osiris and Isis. Dragon can be depicted as evil and didn't I say that its a symbol of power already? -_- ultimate form of fantasy. I won't argue about that the form dragon takes/symbol of POWER. I already said that. But its already been depicted as also as evil. I can't remember a legend where a dragon was depicted as good. Even in index and I mean the series.

Quote:
Because it looks menacing, dammit. A formless jelly doesn't.
I think its much more scary if you don't know what's hunting you. Like a hazy mist or invincible thing. but its just me.

Quote:
You're not making any sense. You're saying there's some logic behind it yet you don't like it because it's not what you wanted it to be.
Are you telling me it would have been better if it took the form of a cute little girl with blonde twintails and a frilly dress? Because I'm personally disappointed and massively buttockshurt that it didn't take that form. But that would beat the purpose because :
I prefer the form that is invisible or can't be understand or distinguished. It adds more mystery to it even if its not as imposing as a big dragon -_-

the mystery and unknown is much more scary than the thing one understands.

Quote:
Stop using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means. Symbolism means there's an hidden idea or form behind the already apparent one.
I call the dragon that appear in railgun manga a symbol because I don't think that, that's all there is too it. There should be more to it than an actual dragon because if not. I will be more disappointed.

I will say again. Dragon is a symbol of power and ultimate form of fantasy.

Quote:
By that logic, kamachi shouldn't have called Aiwass DRAGON in the first place, but "Fallen Angel" or whatever that name is supposed to represent.
this is taken from vol 18

Quote:
In the values of the Christian Church, the dragon was the symbol of more than one thing.

For example, it represented pagans and foreign invading forces.

It also represented a fallen angel stained with evil.
This is clearly a view from Osiris because it uses the format of Christian so there is probably more to it when one enters the aeon of horus. BUT even in modern time. I can't remember dragon depicted as good.

because just like what allfiction said. for a being the cleanse evils and purifies gods. Being a symbol of evil seems contradict it.

Well that is for me.