View Single Post
Old 2010-08-21, 15:46   Link #456
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
How exactly does Kinzo, given the submarine story and enough happy years with his beloved Beatrice, a woman he definitely envisions as a strong personality matching his own, develop such misogyny that he buys Krauss a wife (!) and smears that misogyny into Eva's face?
What other people already said, plus another thing.
In the end of Episode 7, during the flashbacks that Rion has we see a scene, where another soldier says, that it was Kinzo's plan to attack the Italians. I assume that he was not as unaffected by the gold like he envisioned himself to be and the end of the war would have meant for him to part with his Beatrice. So I could imagine him cooking up a plan where he would get the gold and Beatrice, because when he saved her she had pretty much not other choice than staying with him.

I don't think that his relation towards women was ever pretty much different from the patriarchical view we got of him during the first 4 episodes. For him Beatrice was always something beautiful, something he wanted to possess and use...but it never seemed like she was an actual person for him.

Quote:
Yet nobody recognises her as Shannon or Kanon. This requires a significant suspension of disbelief to stomach, as even the most stretched logic of "nobody recognises Kanon as Shannon or vice versa because they're used to seeing either" no longer applies.
It is never said wether or not they recognize the Beatrice downstairs as anybody. They just ask wether she is actually Beatrice and they accept when she says so and explains her plan.
Even if she was someone they so far knew under another name, meeting said person in an underground storage room that can only be accessed by solving the Epitaph, with tons of gold and the same outfit as the Beatrice they know from portraits or memories, would pretty much be sufficient to make them believe that.

What they said was as ambigious as what Natsuhi said in the end of Episode 1 "So far I didn't believe that somebody like you could really exist..." and several other lines that never actually make a definite statement.

Quote:
However, Kinzo's life or death status in this world is uncertain, as Kinzo disappears midway through his own testimony and even if Kinzo is dead at the start of all games does not apply to this one, it should still give us some thought.
Well...this ties in with another mystery we still haven't fully solved. That is how in Episode 4, Kinzo was able to appear before them and be recognized by all of them as the man he is.
We would have to know what exactly was meant in that scene. If an actuall Kinzo announced the Epitaph verbally, or if they were confronted with his corpse and his will (including the Epitaph).