Thread: Licensed Shiki
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-13, 03:33   Link #2128
neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

Well... villagers sure went brutal there, especially when they started to kill innocent people just out of suspicion. Was happy to see Megumi finally die... I didn't agree with her death in first episode despite disliking her from the start but she really happened to be a cruel and ungreatful person... so what if villagers don't agree with your morals? It is not the reason to kill! Just do something youself and leave the village, GEEZ!

I actually sympathize with Shiki at some point... yes they are the killers but as Sunako pointed out, they do need to eat as everyone else. It is not their fault that their food happened to be humans. We also kill animals to eat them so at some point we humans are not that much better...
The only thing I dissagree with is that they really could feed on blood donors, not real people but their blood which is stored in packages in fridges. I really didn't understand why they couldn't do it. Like that no one would be at fault.
If the Shiki are predators, the prey has a right to fight back. If Cape Buffalo catch a lion near their herd, they mob and trample it until it isn't recognizable. The Japanese have a saying "Even an inch long worm has a half-inch long soul", meaning anyone can be pushed to the limit and snap. Those villagers had seen their loved ones die for no reason than Sunako wanted more shiki to ease her loneliness. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. Sunako thought she could act like a human and treat the humans like domestic livestock. She was wrong.
neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote