View Single Post
Old 2009-10-27, 15:29   Link #1593
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Ranka and Alto don't talk to each other for almost 4 episodes, while leaving each other with fundamentally different ways to deal with the situation at hand (Is there a scene where Alto explains the rooftop situation to Ranka?). Their couple development effectively stops when they leave each other on different notes. Alto walks down his path, Ranka down hers (As Ozma puts it).
Now, had there been a scene at the end with a reconciliation, explanations for Ranka's departure, and a tinge more development, It might have been possible to pull off.

22+ is almost all Alto character development, Alto/Sheryl Development (doesn't matter whether or not it's romantic or not), and plot line development. There would have to be tinges of hints or some sort of development between the two to make it believable (A solid proof of Alto's love, missing one another...etc).

I don't think there is enough substance for that couple over the last couple of episodes to make it properly believable. There is certainly convincing Independent character development to make it work later, but they would have to meet up and communicate properly later to make it proper.

Simply put, There wasn't enough time for everything, they were too busy developing the ending to really hash out everything in the series.
Although I do agree with you somewhat, I believe it also depends on how you interpret the roof conversation between Alto and Klan which is pretty controversial to begin with. Even when both Alto and Ranka take their separate paths, Ranka still lingers Alto's mind which leads me to believe that he cares deeply for her (arguable of course in terms of romance.) There are more subtleties in episodes 19-24 than any of the episodes prior to that and they convey different ideas depending on each of our individual preferences.

Still I concede that there wasn't much time to hash everything out but it doesn't prevent them from continuing to develop 2 characters even when separated.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"