View Single Post
Old 2012-12-27, 00:37   Link #208
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Well, the training montage doesn't have to be 1 episode long. Just long enough to convince people that Kirito can actually win fights without cheating or help from the system.

I'm not really sure what to make of Kirito keeping his level in a new game, but he's definitely a beta tester. Think it's nothing new in the MMO industry.

EDIT: Oh, okay, I admit, I can't appreciate Kirito because I usually suck at MMO's (probably because I don't use cookie-cutter builds) and I'm too broke to actually raise a strong character.
For the most part, Kirito can't win a lot of fights that way, or at least doesn't. First half of the SAO arc, he vastly overlevels pretty much everything he fights. He beats Gleam Eyes with his dual wielding skill, which was granted to him by Kayaba and is probably pretty overpowered. He gets his ass beat by Heathcliff twice. In ALO, he has haxxed stats, and while is an exceptional swordsman due to two years spent in a VRMMO, none of it matters for anything when facing against a system admin, and he needs outside help from Kayaba again in order to save Asuna and beat Sugou.

He's a powerless kid in real life, and every thing he does in game looks a lot more impressive than it actually is. His strength is mostly an illusion - fitting for a spriggan, I guess.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote