View Single Post
Old 2010-12-11, 18:46   Link #76
Knightrunner

I believe Ayatsuji's goals were realistic, but the amount of work she is putting into it sure isn't. They should try to get volunteers from the whole school rather than asking the Horrible Three. If they can't get many volunteers then it shows how lazy the entire school and community is. I still think Jun shouldn't say that he knows who she is because he didn't spend enough time with her. Huge mistake in his part. Plus, his response to apoligizing to the Horrible 3 another huge mistake. I'm glad he was able to figure out something is wrong with Ayatsuji.

The teacher was crazy for suggesting not to light up the Xmas tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

I don't think that this is the right term. The verbal whiplash was completely controlled. This is not the manga, mind you.

NO, exactly wrong. Ayatsuji does NOT feel that they deserve an apology, and neither do I. Neither do Kaoru and Umehara. Ayatsuji's "Inner", true personality feels that they deserve a tonguelashing, so that's what she gave them. Naturally you're free to argue that it would be "better" not to slam them so hard, as in it would be more mature to restrict yourself some more. But that's not how Inner Ayatsuji is, at the moment.

And since these three girls do NOT deserve an apology, doing that merely in order to enlist their help would be extremely hypocritical. Junichi's suggestion was objectively terrible advice in my book the way he meant it, and it was catastrophic in the way she took it.
I totally agree. I'm glad Ayatsuji wooped them with words since they want to hear her opinion so badly and telling everybody to shut-up. In a way, Ayatsuji stood-up for the entire class by saying her truthful words.

Quote:
She needs to let go of these goals. That's the thing.
I think she should keep her goals and ambition. She just needed more advice from other instructors or opinions from other intellectuals in how to get the job done. Besides, her goals is what makes Ayatsuji, Ayatsuji. She just needs a different outlook in her goals.

Quote:
In other words, her priorities are wrong. If she wants to become truly happy, and be the person she is, she needs to let go not only of Miss Perfect, but also of Miss Perfect's overblown ambitions. At least until she is stable and confident enough in herself to carefully reapply parts of the Facade which society knows as "politeness and tact".
I think she just needs to change the outlook of her priorities then she would be more sane. She would be one of the best people in society if she masters this.

Quote:
I disagree. For now, she needs no balance, she needs self-esteem. The Inner Ayatsuji needs confirmation and acceptance, that is the top priority. What Junichi needs to convey to her is that he fell in love with the "bad person" as you put it, and not with the Facade. And that he wants to "bad person" back.
Junichi should emphasize the "coolbadass" Ayatsuji and should recognize he fell in love with all of Ayatsuji.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-12-12 at 01:53. Reason: Please edit rather than double post