Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-17, 19:14   Link #33
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Of course I can't play PRO ball. Nor can quite a few people around here. It's why the pros are on TV, but it doesn't mean they should be paid so damn much. Heck, can an athlete be intelligent enough to teach a classroom of 200 college students and try to teach a class so that they're all interested and learn the material? There's a reason that nobody can do everything, but apparently, the way the money goes, being an athlete is more important than being, say, a college professor.

Tell me, is a voice actor or voice actress paid out the wazoo ala <<insert famous actress here>>? I doubt that Tomozaku Seki or Tanaka Rie or Ikeda Shuuichi or Yu Asakawa or Maaya Sakamoto or whoever are making hundreds of millions of yen simply for their voice talent.

Message here? We wouldn't go nuts if there was no more Sunday football or Britney Spears CDs. We don't need to pay our entertainers millions and millions of dollars to fuel their TV shows or "my life the drama" BS. Hell, just look at Terell Owens going WAAAH WAAH WAAH with the eagles because of pay. At heart, I bet most entertainers think they deserve every single penny of the millions and millions that they earn, even though no other society pays its entertainers that damn much. I remember Troy Aikman said that teachers should be paid more than athletes. I never really forgot that, and the man's right. He's one of the very few respectable athletes in my book.

So please...don't spew that "can YOU do it?" argument? Of course I can't. Nobody can do everything.