View Single Post
Old 2008-05-19, 19:22   Link #211
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
No, we just get things like Ark and TK arguing over guidance and ark's insistance that the poor ergonomics of magical staff device things mean that Nanoha's maximum range is limited to 100 meters thanks to the holy stadia ranging he uses, and that all mage combat takes place within 100 meters.

Nevermind that the M4A1 and M468 have identical ergonomics and don't shoot to the same ranges, as do the SCAR-L and SCAR-H.
Well, that's what happens when you mix magic with gadgets - total mayhem. I won't even go into why I think the beam-spam style attacks make little sense, versus concentrating power on a shield to collapse it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
That's what's kept me out of the Haruhi thread. Dear god the insanity... Kha was heavily influenced by them though. He turned the liberal Saint Church into the Ecclesiarchy, complete with Inquisition, Grey Knights, and was in the midst of making mecha and shit to be used.

He even made Voltaire, a summoned dragon, into a summoned mecha. Oh and for his planned work Rebuilt of StikerS, he had Vita and Graf Eisen henshin into Goldion Hammer for Subaru to use.

But yeah, Haruhi-ism is crazy. Is Jason still sore on how the Haruhiists dissed Gurren Lagann?

Anyway... something interesting I note: the recon VF-171s all use hugeass AWACS radomes and long downward pointing ESM "blades". Shades of Yukikaze, them blades. Anyway I find it curious that they're using such bigass radar dishes on recon units... then again in space you probably need hi-def radar images instead of just visual images that present-day recon birds collect.
And you're talking to someone whose Haruhiist tendencies make him a staunch Amalthian tendencies... as a certain blog's entries make clear (you've referenced Jason's blog here, and if you search some heretical posts there, you'll see what I mean). You do NOT want to bring that up.

The RVF-171's probably have those bigass radars to show that they're a) out of date compared to the smaller ones on the RVF-25, and b) to show they're collecting all sorts of data... and to make them a tribute to the Cats Eye units of the original Macross which were similarly prone to destruction (remembering a certain asteroid field) on some missions.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote