View Single Post
Old 2008-10-04, 08:21   Link #305
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
It's just a running joke on his character. Like he says himself, he doesn't hate women. He's just dead scared of them.

Of course, that still doesn't stop him from becoming fujoshi fodder. Namco can be pretty smart sometimes.
To be fair, some of his future speeches on/to Luke is just perfect fodder for fujoshis to go wild.

Spoiler for a wee bit:

Abyss is widely accepted as a great RPG with solid character development and plot, but those same reasons are also why it's considered to have a most flawed and unlikable cast of party members. I personally don't get that though. Flawed characters, one way or another are just so much more emotionally immersing as opposed to cookie-cutter cool guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
I haven't played the game, but the first episode didn't even try to grab my attention. The production values are pretty solid, I love animation consistency, but other than that, in terms of characters or storyline... It just felt like I've been thrown into a game tutorial. ^^' I'll leave the fans to their fun as I'm sure it's entertaining to see old characters again, but for me, someone who just got acquainted with its world, I don't think it produced much of a pull.
Abyss's appeal doesn't really start until they start throwing out every expected generic JRPG twist straight on your face.

Or Jade. And cheagles. (( the only thing Sunrise's design does better than Fujishima. ))

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote