View Single Post
Old 2010-09-28, 10:14   Link #100
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
the cancellation had more to do with the pretty dismal number for jump surveys. There was talk of cancellation for a quite a while, his personal life probably compounded the situation but i think if it wasn't for the ratings on surveys they would have just did a hiatus.
The surveys had nothing to do with To-love-ru ending, and it was ended not canceled. A canceled seires does not get brought back much less in less then a year from cancelation withas much fanfair as To-Love-Ru is. It was a comanation of leagle issues that were trying to be brought up by the Author's exwife and he wanting to be able to spend time with his child. If I remember there was talk of it being ended because of a breach of contract by the author (I'm unsure this is true since I didn't hear anymore about it) As for it not going on hiatus it may be that the exwife would have got a cut of any profits made on an existing series but not a sequal or spin-off.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote