View Single Post
Old 2007-08-24, 15:29   Link #120
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
Heh, you should've done band in high school! Band seriously takes most if not all of your time, well, that is if your really that passionate about it, but even then, having done marching band for 2 years, 3 counting this year, it's exhausting, but it's fun, and while it doesn't count as a club, the practices and practicing at home does take time.

But yeah, I agree with the clubs here being crappy. I can't join a club mainly because of marching band, but even then, there is no really good club. The anime club is full of yaoi fangirls that lust over Naruto X Sasuke, so I try to stay far far away.

Actually, now that I think about it, the mosquito getting stuck does seem really plausible. I'm guessing that it will work like a balloon, or something like that. But I'm no science guy, someone should go ask Bill Nye.
I'd add "Speech and Debate" to those "all consuming school clubs" along with band as being its own social niche to some extent .... probably the closest to japanese clubs I suppose.

In general, I've been disappointed with anime clubs (both adult and high school) -- they generally focus on what I'll call the 'less subtle and less challenging' long running series